- all session events
- a daily boxed lunch
- all materials
- access to a digital folder of resources
- personalized certificate of attendance
Space may be limited. Register today to ensure your participation.
- $250 per session
- $450 for both sessions
Scholarships are available for educators who represent or who work with students from historically marginalized communities. UPDATE 6/4/23: Scholarships are also available for DC area public school teachers.
- If you would like to request a scholarship, please email Sonja and Tricia directly at SonjaandTricia@TheIREL.org.
- If you would like to donate to support these scholarships, please indicate the amount and use the “Donate” button.
Group rates for teams of 5+ from the same school may be available. Please contact Sonja and Tricia directly for more information at SonjaandTricia@TheIREL.org.
Travel and Accommodations
All IREL23 events will take place at the MLK, Jr. Memorial Library in Washington D.C. CLICK HERE for location and directions.
Group rates are available at the following hotels. Both hotels are a short 5-8 minute walk to the library. Upon registration, participants will be emailed the access links for the special rates indicated below. Limited courtesy block at each hotel.
- Grand Hyatt Washington (229/night plus tax and fees). Special rate expires June 15.
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Washington DC/Downtown (179/night plus tax and fees) – Special rate expires June 15.
- Washington Marriott at Metro Center (243/night plus tax and fees). Special rate *extended* until June 14.
- *NEW* Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/Downtown (196/night plust tax and fees). Special rate expires June 24.
NOTE: When making your travel/hotel accommodations, please keep in mind that the IREL Author Panel will take place on Wednesday, July 19 from 6:30 to 7:30pm, followed by a book signing. Participants from either session are invited to attend.
If you cancel up to two weeks prior to the institute, you are entitled to a full refund. If you cancel within one week of the institute, your tuition will be refunded 50%.
If we do not receive prior notice of cancellation, in writing to SonjaandTricia@TheIREL.org, no refund given.
Please check directly with your school or district on how to apply for continuing education credit. Personalized certificates of attendance with participation hours will be provided by IREL
To pay by check and to register by mail, CLICK HERE to download our brochure.
SESSION 1: Jul 16-18, 2023 (Reading Toward Freedom) – $250
SESSION 2: Jul 20-22, 2023 (Writing Toward Freedom) – $250
SESSIONS 1 and 2: July 16-18 and July 20-22 (Reading and Writing Toward Freedom) – $450